Sunday, November 15, 2009

Art


Art encompasses so much - painting, drawing, photography, writing, music, cooking, just creating in any way. All my life, these are the things I've been interested in and they all kind of mix and mingle together. But there's one aspect of all these things that I'm not doing and I want to do. I want to take a photo such as the one above and paint it or draw it or re-create it in some way or some medium. I'm enjoying photography and learning more and more but I still have this urge to paint, draw, etc.

I guess I really have no excuse not to do this but I make excuses and I procrastinate and I do all kinds of other things, tip toeing around this. So this is what I've decided to do. When this blog is done at the last day of this year, I'll will not post on this one anymore. It will be finished. I will go back to my art blog and start trying to concentrate on that and post there.

I read somewhere (in an art magazine, I think) about a woman who is an artist and she decided to take one photo and paint it or re-create it 100 times in different ways. She talked about how much she learned by doing this. I am CONSIDERING this with something simple like the photo above or a similar one. I know I would learn a lot and I have to challenge myself most of the time to make myself do things.

I know this is a weird post but I'm in a weird mood. ha! We'll see what happens but that's kind of a "half plan." Just an idea. I have lots of other ideas in the making. I'll see what materializes.

No comments:

Post a Comment