Monday, August 24, 2009

Fresh Outlook!


It's been WAY too long since I've posted and I am really mad at myself for this because I made a commitment to do this every day of this year. But what's done is done.

Today I took a fresh outlook, I hope, for the year. I really didn't sleep very well last night and had weird dreams but I got up early and decided to walk. The weather was great today. It felt like Fall!

After my walk (which did wonders for me), I got Paige and we headed to the drug store to get some new vitamins I'm going to try. She was a little too whiny in the drugstore but I just still tried to keep my positive, fresh outlook and just decided she was that way because it was first thing in the morning.

After the drug store, we went to the bank to get cash to spend later on in the day and to Wal-Mart to get a picture CD with index prints made. I kept telling her I had a surprise for her later in the day and she seemed to be excited about it.

We finally got to the surprise. We went to the Farmer's Market and bought the fresh food pictured above. She loved it. It was a different kind of shopping and she loved smelling the food and talking about what it was and how you cook it, etc.

So we had a feast tonight for supper. We had fresh green beans (which she helped me snap), fresh corn on the cob, fresh cucumber slices, fresh sliced tomatoes from our garden, and fresh peaches for dessert with vanilla ice cream on top! Yum! I bought okra to freeze and my husband loves it boiled or fried. I don't like it boiled but he boiled some for himself and tried it on her and she ate about 7 pieces of boiled okra plus beets! She loved it! I don't like beets either. I bought the zucchini squash to make zucchini bread. Maybe I can do that tomorrow when I freeze the okra.

So we did have a fresh day and I'm hoping tomorrow will be just as fresh!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! No regrets about what's been done, but a positive, fresh approach to this day, one minute at a time.

    I love all the things you share with your granddaughter. She'll definitely learn an appreciation for this beautiful thing called life!

    ReplyDelete