Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sharing Beauty of the Season


This rose is a Betty Prior rose. My youngest daughter gave it to me a few years ago and it always flourishes. In fact, it needs cutting back right now because if is SO full of blooms that have finished blooming. I caught this one in beautiful bloom. The color is just wonderful. When a bloom from this rose is open completely, it looks like a dogwood blossom.

These next four photos are from the four Knockout Roses we have in our backyard. They are constantly blooming and so easy to take care of. I love the color of these, too.


I just love the combination of the sun setting behind these blooms and how the colors "shine" through the blossoms. Knockout really does describe this rose!




1 comment:

  1. All very beautiful! I love the top one. I don't think I have ever seen one quite like it.

    ReplyDelete