Friday, October 30, 2009

Blount Park Outing


We have a very beautiful park here called Blount Park. Above is just one area of the park with the red bridge. A lot of photographers bring their subjects here to photograph engagement photos, children's photos, etc. because it is such a beautiful location.

Today I took Paige to the park just to have a picnic and play ball and enjoy the day. The day before Halloween, we had a beautiful, sunny 80 degree day!

We took a big blanket, got our "picnic" lunch at Chick Fil A (ha!), took a big ball plus a bat, ball and glove, about four stuffed animals, books, some bread to feed the ducks and, of course, my camera. :) We gave Mommy a day "off" to sew in peace and quiet.

Hammin' it up for the camera while we were feeding the fish, turtles and ducks. I think Paige ate more of the bread than she fed the creatures!

I wanted to include this photo because I thought it turned out so unusual. Paige is always noticing the flowers, especially wildflowers (aren't children wonderful?) and she's constantly picking flowers for me. Here's a wildflower she found and I snapped just as she was handing it to me which distorted the hand giving the flower which I think emphasizes the gift. :)

As Paige would say, it was a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment