Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Beauty of the Rain


It has been raining here for at least two days very heavily. It was much needed rain. Paige and I have been discussing rain. She told me she didn't like rain. I told her I loved rain and she gave me this confused look. I told her that when it rains, I love to go sit on my screened-in porch in the swing and listen to the rain, look at the rain, and smell the rain. I explained to her how all the animals that live outside all the time really need the rain. We talked about how the little birds take baths in the rain, either in a puddle or a bird bath someone has put in their yard. I think her attitude about rain has changed after that. It was fun to talk about it with her and watch her little expressions and eyes and listen to her questions and comments. When I was talking about the little birds taking a bath, I could just see her imagination churning. She was picturing that in her mind. I know it! :)

Anyway, when I went to do something in my laundry room this morning, I caught a view of these raindrops on a shrub just outside the door window and, of course, went and grabbed my camera. I just thought it was beautiful - all that greenery with those beautiful raindrops hanging there. Beauty is everywhere if we'll just take time to look.

1 comment: