Friday, September 11, 2009

My Mother's Home


Just wanted to preserve a photo of my mother's home here. It is on the market now and the realtor is taking down wallpaper and painting in the two bathrooms and the kitchen. She is a very hard worker.

I still have a key and tend to use my mother's house for my bathroom stops when I'm there doing other things like shopping, running errands, etc. The last time I was there, the realtor was there painting the kitchen and we were talking. I was telling her how I found this house for my mother by just the two of us riding around. Then we got a realtor to take us inside and as soon as my mother walked in, she said, "this is it". It just had a feeling of home to her and she loved it. She didn't care that the wallpaper was outdated or the colors were outdated or it needed new flooring. She just loved the "at home" feeling of the house.

Right before she passed away, she told me that she knew that God placed her in that home to be near her neighbors because she had such good neighbors and loved them so much. They were so good to her and we could never repay them for what they did for her.

I was passing along this info to the realtor and she told me that it was a very well-built house and did have a "homey" feeling and was in a good neighborhood with good neighbors. She told me that the last people to come look at the house stayed about two seconds and walked out. She said she told my brother that those people didn't deserve to live there, that the ones who deserve to live there will be the ones who feel the way my mother did about the house. I loved that.

No comments:

Post a Comment