Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Photo Gig!


Our choir director greeted me tonight as I first walked in the door with asking me to photograph the Fall concert for the Capitol City Band at the First Baptist Church downtown. At first, I thought no, no, no! I can't do that! He seemed to think I could do it and after a few questions about it, I told him I would think about it during choir practice and let him know.

As we were having choir practice, I said a prayer about it and the song came to me if you're given the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance and I've decided to dance!! I'm excited and scared at the same time. But I think it will be a good experience even if I fail and every photo doesn't turn out. It's a volunteer service for them and I'll do my best. I'm just nervous about the indoor lighting situation. Those situations are usually difficult to photograph.

I did call a friend who knows more than me about photography and she's photographed in that church and told me it was well lit and just calmed me down and I feel better about it. So we'll see how this goes and I hope to have some good photos to post!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! A gig for Sherry! You will do a wonderful job....and meet new people. Just like you always do! That's why he asked you! :)

    ReplyDelete