Saturday, February 28, 2009

Catching Up!


I'm catching up for two days of not posting. Yesterday we had kind of a strange combination of activities. First we went to a funeral and then to a movie. The movie was Taken and was a very good movie. I usually don't care for action movies but this one was really good.

The photo above was what I had planned to post yesterday but I waited until it was too dark to photograph. So I guess this is really yesterday's post photographed today. This is our beautiful yellow jasmine and it is in full bloom and so wonderful. We are having strange weather. This jasmine usually doesn't bloom this early but we have been having off and on spring/winter weather lately. We had spring-like weather yesterday with tornado watches and warnings everywhere and now they say it may snow tomorrow!

I have no photo for today's activities but I am cooking, cooking, cooking. I am taking food to some elderly people in our church - one man had triple bypass heart surgery and his wife had nerve conduction tests and another lady broke her ankle on both sides and is in a wheelchair. Also, part of the food I will take to my mother and brother who will be together tomorrow as I am going to a Scrap Therapy class at my local quilt shop after church around 2 in the afternoon. You just take a big bag of scrap fabrics that you don't know what to do with along with a cutting mat, rotary cutter, and a long and square ruler and cut away for 2 or 3 hrs. When we leave, we should have bags of shapes for quilts already cut. I really don't know what to expect but I think it will be good "therapy" after all the other activities lately. So. . . back to my cooking!

3 comments:

  1. "Taken." That was with Harrison Ford? Looked like it could be nerve wracking!

    We've been having that weird weather, too! It was in the upper 60s yesterday and they're calling for possible snow flurries tomorrow? I'm a bit worried about my baby bulbs, but we'll have to see how tough they are! I love the jasmine and daffodils, the first bright signs of spring!

    It's special you are cooking for family and those of community. You certainly should indulge in scrap therapy for your time and devotion! Have fun and tell us all about it when you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, the main start was Liam Neeson, and it was nerve wracking but very good. Toward the end of the movie (after all the shootings, fights, etc. he'd been in), I leaned over to my husband and said, "it's funny - he doesn't have a scratch on him!" ha! But it was very entertaining. And, yes, I plan to have some fun in scrap therapy. I hope to post what we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was supposed to be the main star - not start! ha!

    ReplyDelete