Sunday, May 31, 2009

Anticipation


I love the anticipation of waiting for flowers to bloom. These zinnias my husband planted from seed. I have them pictured as "babies" in an earlier blog and I thought that he would transplant them but he didn't. I've never seen zinnias "weep" like this, only stand straight up, so we'll see what happens here. This is his project, not mine, so I am just observing and enjoying. I did water them right before I took this photo so they look a little too weepy. The weather is beginning to be a lot hotter so they are going to need more water.

Can't wait to see what colors appear and how big the blossoms will be. I think it's so much fun to see people experiment by doing traditional things in an nontraditional way. It makes life more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. I've never really put much effort into starting veggies or flowers from seed, but recall some failure...probably over watering. I love it, though, admire people who do so successfully. Hopefully your quiet observation will pay off and you'll soon have fantastic blooms to photograph!

    ReplyDelete