Sunday, May 24, 2009

Instant Bluebirds!!


One of the best gifts I received for my birthday from my husband was labor. He's a very hard worker in general and sometimes I think I take for granted how much he does around here. On the morning of my birthday party, he put a bluebird house we've had in our garage for a long, long time on a post in the area where I spotted the two bluebirds and photographed them. That was yesterday about mid-morning. By noon today, he opened the door and a nest had already been built inside the house!!!

I went to church today and then from there to the hospital to visit my mother without coming home. When I got home this afternoon, he showed me the nest. I just couldn't believe it! What fast little workers they are!

This will be so much fun to watch but at the same time, I think we'll both be nervous about the predators. We don't want a cat or sparrow or anything else to get our little bluebirds. I would love to watch little baby birds, especially baby bluebirds, playing around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment