Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Shopping Therapy


I did some shopping therapy today. My husband gave me a Barnes & Noble gift card for my birthday. I thought that I remembered either reading or hearing about the store going out of business or closing down so I decided to go ahead and shop there today before I went to visit my mother in the hospital. I was right. This particular store is closing June 3 so I'm glad that I went. At least half the store merchandise was 40% off so I had quite a haul! I probably spent about 3 or 4 hours in there looking around and enjoyed it very much.

My mother did not get to leave the hospital today as we were told yesterday. We really don't know when she'll return to the rehab facility yet. So I went to visit her after my shopping trip, came home, ate, rode my bike and now I'm ready to enjoy my new books - one of my favorite things to do!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you gave yourself the time to wander and be in the quiet of a good book sale! A little down time is a necessity for the anxious moments life must bring.

    Prayers continue for you, your mom and your entire family. And keep celebrating that 60th, no matter what. Tomorrow is not a promise, but today is wildly, beautifully present. Live it full!

    ReplyDelete