Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Unique Birthday Gift!


This was a unique 60th birthday gift from my husband. After I spotted the two bluebirds in our backyard a while back, he overheard me talking about a bluebird house I bought at a craft show or somewhere many, many years ago and I thought it was stuck up in our garage attic or in the garage somewhere. On the morning of my birthday, he got up before me and put the house on a post and in the ground as a gift to me. Pretty cool gift, don't you think?

In less than 24 hrs. after he did this, those little birds had a nest inside! We were just amazed! We're trying not to touch or disturb it at all but my husband told me today he found a little blue egg on the ground below the house today:( I hope nothing has happened to all of them but I didn't peep in to see.

I love the way the light was shining on the birdhouse late this afternoon. It accentuates the old worn wood in a beautiful way. We'll be keeping an eye on this for a while. I read that they have two to four broods a year!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh. That's an awesome gift, most especially for his attentive kindness. Super sweet. And he cooks? Totally wonderful relationship you have with one another...and it shows in your family life. Makes my heart feel hope that people are happy despite the troubles we know for the simple fact we're human.

    And you did get the color to shine so well!

    ReplyDelete