Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring is Here!


I took these photos a few days ago when we noticed our roses in the backyard were starting to bloom. They are almost in full bloom now so I think spring is here! It is beautiful today, around 77 degrees, I think, and the sunshine is just wonderful!

Not only are the two rose bushes in the backyard in full bloom but the Betty Prior rose that is in the side yard has buds all over it, too. The Lantana is up and the Mexican shrub with purple flowers (can't think of the name of it now! ha! - is it Mexican Heather?), the other purple stuff (Moses in a Basket?), the Easter lilies will be blooming pretty soon, and some purple irises that my SIL gave us are up and getting tall so I'm hoping they will bloom. I've seen irises blooming already.

You know, as we get older, the names of things or just a word to describe something can escape our minds so easily. Just yesterday I was asking my husband if he could remember the name of the roses in the backyard and he said Knockout. As soon as he said it, I said, "oh yeah" and he said just remember they're "knocked up" roses! ha! I told you he has a way with words but that's the way I remember the name of these roses now.

I live with a crazy man! ha!




3 comments:

  1. WOW! Roses already in bloom? That's amazing. Temps are expected in the mid 80s my way this weekend. You should see even more and more your way as far as green, reds and purples. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for spring and a beautiful day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and Charlie is engaged to a girl named Nancy Haney. She is from Macon, GA. He met her in a wedding they were both in last year:)

    ReplyDelete